Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed

Default Format every "n" rows

Hello everyone,
I have a question. I am currently working with a very long List of items. To
make the list more reading-friendly, I would like to have a horizontal border
line every 5 rows, or every 5th row to have that row with a different color
fill for example.

On my first column I have the number of item. One way in which I thought it
could work was to use the ISEVEN combined with RIGHT to have Excel check the
last number of the item number and apply a Conditional Formatting if cell
value is 0 or 5. I don't know what is going on but for some strange reason it
doesn't even recognize the simple ISEVEN function...

Anyways the problem I was going to have later on is that when I would apply
a Filter to the List the those horizontal lines would be all mixed up. Is
there any way to apply something like a Format but to the Background? Not as
a image but more like something that no matter what every "n" rows I will
have a border line?

,thanks
Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gazeta

U¿ytkownik "Ed" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
[...]

check conditional formatting and combine it with number of row
mcg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Therese

Hi
Beforhand you can insert an "n" colomn (Column A) which you can hide when
done. Write an n in the cells next to the rows that you want to format.
Click in B1. Format<conditional formatting< the formular is =$A1="n".
Then click the formatting brush, while still being in B1. Then click at the
top of the columns that you want to format.

Hope it works.
--
Therese

"Gazeta" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Select all cells.

FormatConditional FormattingFormula is: =MOD(ROW(),5)=1

Pick a pattern from Format and OK your way out.

BTW.............ISEVEN and ISODD are functions contained in the Analysis ToolPak
and must be loaded through ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:13:02 -0700, Ed wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed

Thank you everyone, the information has been useful!

,Ed