TomBrooklyn

Default Repeating a Cell Format For Many Rows: What's Fastest Way?

I want to merge adjacent horizontal cells and repeat that in a column
for 20 lines.

What is a quick way to do that so I don't have to repeat the merge
formatting 20 times?

Then I want to draw a line along the bottom of each of these merged
cells. Again, what is the fastest way to do that? Suppose it was
200 lines. What is the shortcut?

Thanks

--
TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7398

Paul Sheppard

TomBrooklyn Wrote:
I want to merge adjacent horizontal cells and repeat that in a column
for 20 lines.

What is a quick way to do that so I don't have to repeat the merge
formatting 20 times?

Then I want to draw a line along the bottom of each of these merged
cells. Again, what is the fastest way to do that? Suppose it was
200 lines. What is the shortcut?

Thanks

Hi Tom

Use the Format Painter, it looks like a Paint Brush, click in the cell
with the format you want to repeat, click on the Format Painter and
then select the cells you want to copy the formats to

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480998

swatsp0p

Try this:

Select your cells to merge in the top row. Click FormatCells. On the
Alignment tab, select Merge. On the Borders tab, set your desired
underline. Click OK to apply these changes.

Now, with this merged cell highlighted, click on the Format Painter on
the toolbar (looks like a paint brush). Click and hold down the mouse
button on the cell below your merged cell and drag over and down as far
as needed (2 columns, 200 rows?) and release. Your format should now be
applied to all of the rows.

Does this work for you?

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480998

TomBrooklyn

Thanks, Paul and Bruce. That did it. Format painter.

Cheers, Tom