Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GSavage

Default How can I open an OpenOffice spreadsheet in Excel?

I'm looking for a way to open an OpenOffice spreadsheet in Excel. The
spreadsheet was sent from one of my suppliers so I'm unable to ask her to
convert it to Excel. My IT manager has locked down the machine so I can't
install OO on it.

Are there any converters for the OpenOffice file? I recall reading that the
file format is an official international standard, so I'm guessing that
Microsoft must have written a converter for it.

Many Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

You should think of sending this to your IT department to sort out for
you, after all, they caused a part of the problem.

and remember to say 'ASAP'

--

GSavage Wrote:
I'm looking for a way to open an OpenOffice spreadsheet in Excel. The
spreadsheet was sent from one of my suppliers so I'm unable to ask her
convert it to Excel. My IT manager has locked down the machine so I
can't
install OO on it.

Are there any converters for the OpenOffice file? I recall reading
that the
file format is an official international standard, so I'm guessing
that
Microsoft must have written a converter for it.

Many Thanks

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=532286

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Why not ask your supplier to save the file as an excel workbook?

If what you do with that workbook means money to your supplier, I would think
that she'd be more than happy to help.