Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
grahammal

Default TextBox Formatting

How do I format a UserForm TextBox to round decimal numbers to the
nearest whole number.
ie
1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 should all round down to 1.
1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 should all round up to 2.
I can get it to display the Interger but this always rounds down.

--
grahammal
grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20336

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

dim myVal as double
myval = 1.4
me.textbox1.value = round(myval,0)

if you're using xl97:
me.textbox1.value = application.round(myval,0)

grahammal wrote:

How do I format a UserForm TextBox to round decimal numbers to the
nearest whole number.
ie
1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 should all round down to 1.
1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 should all round up to 2.
I can get it to display the Interger but this always rounds down.

--
grahammal
grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20336
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=532225

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
grahammal

Your resolve is fine thankyou but I should have made my query a little
clearer.
The decimal to resolve is'nt just between 1 & 2 it could be anything.
ie 2.7, 7.1, 11.6, 5.3 etc.
Can you work your magic once more.

--
grahammal
grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20336
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=532225

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

The part that does the work is this line:

me.textbox1.value = round(myval,0)

I guess the next question is where do you get the value you want to round?

I just created myVal to have some test data. You'd use whatever variable holds
that number.