Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ham

Default analysis toolpak

I am having some problems with the analysis toolpak after installing Office
XP and my spreadsheet files on a new computer.

When I go under the Tools menu, I don't see the option for Data Analysis as
I used to on my old computer. I know the toolpak is installed and working
because it is checked in the Add-ins option under the Tools menu and I use
the EDATE function in many of my spreadsheets and have not had any problems
with that function.

Can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong? Other than better hardware,
the only difference between my new computer and old is that I am now using
Windows XP Pro instead of Windows ME, but I doubt that would be causing my
problem.

Thanks for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair

In article , ?B?SGFt?= wrote:
I am having some problems with the analysis toolpak after installing Office
XP and my spreadsheet files on a new computer.

When I go under the Tools menu, I don't see the option for Data Analysis as
I used to on my old computer. I know the toolpak is installed and working
because it is checked in the Add-ins option under the Tools menu and I use
the EDATE function in many of my spreadsheets and have not had any problems
with that function.

Can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong? Other than better hardware,
the only difference between my new computer and old is that I am now using
Windows XP Pro instead of Windows ME, but I doubt that would be causing my
problem.

I've just started seeing this problem, this tiem with a new computer
(obviously something is different :) ). Try going to tools/addins, unticking
the box, OK. Then go back and tick it again. Works for me :)

HTH

Bruce

(if there were any)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair

In article , ?B?SGFt?= wrote:
I am having some problems with the analysis toolpak after installing Office
XP and my spreadsheet files on a new computer.

When I go under the Tools menu, I don't see the option for Data Analysis as
I used to on my old computer. I know the toolpak is installed and working
because it is checked in the Add-ins option under the Tools menu and I use
the EDATE function in many of my spreadsheets and have not had any problems
with that function.

Can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong? Other than better hardware,
the only difference between my new computer and old is that I am now using
Windows XP Pro instead of Windows ME, but I doubt that would be causing my
problem.

Oh ... and if you find a "real" fix for this, could you let me know ? :)

Thanks

Bruce

(if there were any)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair

In article , ?B?SGFt?= wrote:
Thanks - your idea worked perfectly!

Triffic. :) The sad part is, I have to do this every time I start XL. If you
find a permanent solution, I'd appreciate knowing what it is :)

Thanks

"Bruce Sinclair" wrote:
In article ,