Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SueG3001

Default Attachment Format

An Excel spreadsheet with background colours on some of the cells was
attached to an Outlook email that I received. When I opened the attachment
the cell backgrounds were all white, as its a spreadsheet that doesn't make
much sense without the colours can anyone help m?. Is there a setting within
Outlook causing the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrice

I wouldn't imagine that Outlook could be this clever.

I would suggest that you ask for the spreadsheet to be checked at
source and e-mailed again.

Martin

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.rice1/

--
mrice
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SueG3001

Thanks for your response.

I contacted the sender and have now received the next monthly spreadsheet
but the background colours are still not displayed. The sender says they are
on the copy she attached to the email. Very odd. I am using Excel XP the
same as the sender, is there a setting in Excel that could cause the problem?

"mrice" wrote:

I wouldn't imagine that Outlook could be this clever.

I would suggest that you ask for the spreadsheet to be checked at
source and e-mailed again.

Martin

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.rice1/

--
mrice
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531940

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrice

The spreadsheet isn't been e-mailed in .csv format by any chance? This
would give this effect.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience