Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sunderland27

Default clear row when "yes" is selected

how would i clear info in fields once another field is selected "no"?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Manually?

I'd apply Data|Filter|autofilter to that field.

Filter to show the value you want.

Then select that visible range and edit|clear|contents

If you have multiple fields to check, you can apply the filter to the whole
range and use the filters to show just the rows you want to clear.

When you're done...use Data|filter|show all
(Or data|Filter|autofilter to remove the filter)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sunderland27

is there a formula that i could write that would allow my fields to be blank
once "no" is selected in the table?

sunderland27 wrote:

how would i clear info in fields once another field is selected "no"?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JamesArchibald

I've never used tables before but I think you could use the following
formula:

=IF(A1="NO"," ",A1)

A1 would be the cell in your table. If A1 is set as NO the cell your
formula is in will be blank. If A1 has any value other than NO the cell
with the formula in it will show the same value as the cell in your
table.

Hope this helps.

James

--
JamesArchibald
JamesArchibald's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33284

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

There's no formula that you can use to blank out the cells (like
edit|clear|contents).

But you could use a formula that displays different things depending on what's
in that cell:

=if($a2="no","","Some other text or formula here")

If you're just trying to give the impression that those cells are empty, you may
want to look at Format|condtional formatting.

You can format the cell with a white font on white fill (or same color on same
color).