Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Polgara

Default How do I stop smart tags obscuring the cells on my worksheet?

Only Microsoft could design a website that makes it soooo harrrdd for a
normal human being to actually ask a question...log on here, change password
there, and then all it would tell me when I chose Ask a Question was "
Welcome back - if you are not you, please sign out and sign in again" Why not
a useful message - like "we thought it would be harder for you to communicate
with us if we used a pop-up window for asking questions, because we know that
many computers routinely block pop-ups. If your computer is one of these
you'll need to temporarily allow pop-ups in order to participate".

It's taken so long to get to this screen, I've almost forgotten what the
original problem was.

Oh yeah, that's right. I was working on a spreadsheet and a smart tag popped
up. Three options, none of which I wanted. No option to dismiss it. It just
sat there, on my worksheet, obscuring my view of the result of a calculated
cell.

How on earth does one get rid of these things? Believe it or not, I actually
want to see what is in the cell underneath!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George

Dear friend,

All developers in Microsoft try to make things easier - for almost all
users, everytime they upgrade their softwrare. If a users doesnt like the
improvement, there is always a way to get rid of it. In order to avoid the
smart tags after autofilling a series you can choose - Tools - Options - Edit
tab and di-select the Show Paste options button).

Please note that I don't work in Microsoft - I am just a Microsoft user
maniac, as all guys here I think. So, is not a good idea to tell them that
they are using software which is useless or not user-friendly. All guys here
(believe it) contribute in various ways to help other users (without being
paid - I have a lot of experience).

Ο χρήστης "Polgara" *γγραψε: