Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeanne

Default Selecting every other row to delete or move

I have an imported file that has 12 columns of data in every other row. On
the alternate rows are descriptions that I need to move out of the way of the
12 columns. I need to sum the colums, but the description gets in the way.
See below: I also import a file that has garbage data on every other row, I
would like to be able to select every other row for a range of rows. Any
suggestions greatly appreciated.

A B C D
4233 Pay
100 200 300 400 500
4235 Health ins
50 60 70 80
90
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB

You could use a helper column and enter

=Mod(Row())

and copy down. This will give you alternating 1's and 0's. If you just
want to hide the garbage, use the autofilter on this column to filter out the
data you don't want and use the Subtotal function to sum up the visible
cells. Or filter out the data you want to keep and delete the garbage, then
turn off autofilter, leaving the data you want to keep.