Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

Default Calculation "Flag"?

"Oliver St Quintin" wrote in
message ...

I want to use this function to detect if anything has been entered or
altered in a spreadsheet, so that output of results is blanked out until
the
spreadsheet is recalculated.

I assume that the "spreadsheet is recalculated" means that you have
Calculation set to manual. If so then with the "results" in J10 enter the
following in the Worksheet Module:

Dim BackColour As Long

If Application.Calculation = xlManual Then
BackColour = Application.Max(2, Cells(10, 10).Interior.ColorIndex)
Cells(10, 10).Font.ColorIndex = BackColour
Else: Cells(10, 10).Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic

HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Oliver St Quintin

Sandy:

Thanks for your help. Not quite perhaps what I had in mind (my situation is
a little more complex than I described), but I see what you are doing and I
think I can use it despite my having the most superficial knowledge of Visual
Basic.

Oliver