Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default & function cell format translation.

I have a cell D2, that has A1&B1 in it. Problem is, I want the format
from cell A1 to translate over also. IE decimal placing to 1dp and in
another case superscript to translate over also.

I have tried custom number format of #,0 and #.0 to no avail.

Cell D2 displays 7000g

A1=7000.0
B1=g

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Slash.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

You can't using custom text format since when you concatenate A1 and B1 it
becomes text, you can use this
which is not formatting but text

=TEXT(A1,"0.0")&" "&B1

having said that is there a reason you cannot use a custom format like

0.0" g"

or do you have multiple values that need to be concatenated

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a cell D2, that has A1&B1 in it. Problem is, I want the format
from cell A1 to translate over also. IE decimal placing to 1dp and in
another case superscript to translate over also.

I have tried custom number format of #,0 and #.0 to no avail.

Cell D2 displays 7000g

A1=7000.0
B1=g

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Slash.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for that, it has solved my problem. How do I get the superscript
to translate through to the cell also?

EG

A1=10oC
A2=+/- 1oC
A3=A1&A2

A3 Displays 100C+/-10C but I want to keep the superscript for the "o"

Thanks,

Slash.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Excel doesn't support that kind of formatting with formulas. If you convert it
to a value, then you can do the formatting, though.

--

Dave Peterson