Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aoife

Default date of corresponding blank cell

Two columns: A & B
Column A = delivery due date
Column B = delivery date
If no delivery is made, cell is left blank.

How can I get Excel to return the oldest missed delivery date?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Aoife.

--
Aoife
Aoife's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33191

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Aoife,

Array enter, using Ctrl-Shift-Enter:

=MIN(IF(B2:B100="",A2:A100))

Format for date, and change the range to reflect your data range.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Aoife" wrote in message

Two columns: A & B
Column A = delivery due date
Column B = delivery date
If no delivery is made, cell is left blank.

How can I get Excel to return the oldest missed delivery date?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Aoife.

--
Aoife
Aoife's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33191
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530079

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aoife

Bernie - Yes! It did help.
Arrays are a whole new world to me...a whole new beautiful world.
Many thanks,
Aoife.