Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
p6464

Default currency format doesn't work first try

In excel 2003, if I type a number into a blank cell, then right click and
choose "format", if I click on "currency" and then hit "ok", it will not
change the cell formatting to currency. If I do it a second time, it always
works? This is clearly a bug, is there an update?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

What was the cell's format before you started? Was it Text?

If so, format the cell as currency, then select the cell and hit F2 followed by
enter.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

It's not a known bug. I cannot reproduce it and have never seen it reported
here.

Btw, a shortcut for currency format is Ctrl-Shift-4 (top row 4).

--
Jim