Old Car

Default Changing format of column from "general" to "currency"

When I change the Format|Cells|Number|Category of a selected column from
general to currency, any existing numeric data does not change to the
currency format ("$#,##0.00"). If I add new values, they take the currency
format. How can I force all of the existing values to take the new format?
Thanks.

Niek Otten

Your data is probably text, although it may look like numbers.
Copy an empty cell, select your "numbers" EditPaste Special, check Add.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel