Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cash

Default Order of drop down list

I have created a drop down list for validation by naming a list of data in a
pivot table. For some reason, when you click on the drop down list it does
not open the drop down list at the top of the list.The drop down list is
quite long but I'm not sure how to fix this...Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If there's a blank cell in the source list, and the cell with the data
validation list is blank, the list will open with the blank entry selected.

To prevent this, either enter a default value in the data validation
cell, or remove the blanks from the source list.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures