Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
the_dr38

Default 2 questions

Hi all, I am a new person to this website. I am making a form for my
company and I need to know a couple of things how can I?

A) Insert square boxes to be used for ticking (as in next to words)

e.g.

monday (tick box)
tuesday (tick box)

and

B) Make one row a certain height for column a but a different height
for column b.

Many thanks

L.Dudley

--
the_dr38
the_dr38's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33145

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

the_dr38 Wrote:
Hi all, I am a new person to this website. I am making a form for my
company and I need to know a couple of things how can I?

A) Insert square boxes to be used for ticking (as in next to words)

e.g.

monday (tick box)
tuesday (tick box)

and

B) Make one row a certain height for column a but a different height
for column b.

Many thanks

L.Dudley

Hi There,
I am assuming this is a form that somebody is filling out, Beside the
days of the week you can size you column so the cells apear square,
then you could go to borders and put a borders around the cell

If you wanted column A to be smaller, place your mouse at the top right
of column A until the mouse cursor turns into two arrows, click on that
spot and drag the line to the left making the column smaller

select the cell that needs a box right click on your mouse and select
format cells,borders, there you will be able to select the type of
borders you want

or
there is a borders button on your tool bar that will work

to get a cell larger than surounding cells you can highlite two cells
and then merge them together

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

you can either draw a square - use the drawing toolbar OR make the cell
equal height and width and make a drop down list (data,validation,
list)

Second you cant, BUT you can highlight, say, cells A1 to A3 and merge
them, so the top left cell will APPEAR the same height as cells B1 and
B2 and B3.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996