Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cap Rate

Default I've never used Excel-where do I start?

I need to find a beginner's explaination of what Excel does, and how I can
begin to use it. My my field is commercial real estate. Specifically, I
need to enter various property prices and loan perameters to see how one
variable affects other values. As I am digitally challanged, any help would
be very much appreciated. Thanks!
PS-My computer has Microsoft Excel 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BigPig

Hi Cap Rate,

The best way is to 'play' with excel. Experiment adding, subtracting, if
functions, etc...

Additionally, there are numerous books and websites available. Books are the
best. Some math background is very useful too.

from an experienced 'newbie'.

"Cap Rate" wrote:

I need to find a beginner's explaination of what Excel does, and how I can
begin to use it. My my field is commercial real estate. Specifically, I
need to enter various property prices and loan perameters to see how one
variable affects other values. As I am digitally challanged, any help would
be very much appreciated. Thanks!
PS-My computer has Microsoft Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/Office

and look at the templates selection on the left side.

Search on terms associated with your field. Hopefully there will be some
free templates that you can examine and see how they are used and what
formulas they use.

Tom Ogilvy

"Cap Rate" <Cap wrote in message
I need to find a beginner's explaination of what Excel does, and how I can
begin to use it. My my field is commercial real estate. Specifically, I
need to enter various property prices and loan perameters to see how one
variable affects other values. As I am digitally challanged, any help

would
be very much appreciated. Thanks!
PS-My computer has Microsoft Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

type house price in A1, interest rate in B1, years of loan in C1 and
interest paid in D1

then put 100,000 in A2, 10.00 in B2, 25 in C2

in D2 you can work out the interest by typing in

=a2*(B2/100)*c2

* = multiplied by
/ = divided by

the brackets mean do this part of the calculation first.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996