Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LAF

Default Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. HELP!

The past few days, since March 31st, we have been receiving alot of
error reports from our users that have encountered the "Microsoft Excel
has encountered a problem and needs to close." problem. We (the
developers) have not been able to reproduce these problems. Alot of
the problems are happening when the users are using buttons on the
sheets. For the buttons, we use a command button object. For example
one of them has =EMBED("Forms.CommandButton.1",""). Is there anything
that can be triggering these problems all of a sudden?

--
LAF
LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9656

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

Since March 31st means since April Fool's day (Apr 1). Could anyone have
been passing around a joke addin?

Tom Ogilvy

"LAF" wrote in message

The past few days, since March 31st, we have been receiving alot of
error reports from our users that have encountered the "Microsoft Excel
has encountered a problem and needs to close." problem. We (the
developers) have not been able to reproduce these problems. Alot of
the problems are happening when the users are using buttons on the
sheets. For the buttons, we use a command button object. For example
one of them has =EMBED("Forms.CommandButton.1",""). Is there anything
that can be triggering these problems all of a sudden?

--
LAF
LAF's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529062

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LAF

I don't think they were passing an add-in around. I asked several of
the people having the problem and only one of them had some add-ins
checked under Tools - Add-Ins. The rest of them had no add-ins.