Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chicago

Default Want to insert Excel sheet in Word document - comes out too big.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that at 61% fits on a single page portrait. When
I copy and paste it into a Word document it appears at 100% which makes it
much too big. Also tried 'Insert File' but again it comes out full size.
I've tried resizing, changing font size, etc. How do I get it into the Word
document so it stays the same as it is in Excel? Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Select the data and hold down shift, then edit copy as picture, paste into
word and
there you can resize it to fit just like resizing a regular picture

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Chicago" wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet that at 61% fits on a single page portrait.
When
I copy and paste it into a Word document it appears at 100% which makes it
much too big. Also tried 'Insert File' but again it comes out full size.
I've tried resizing, changing font size, etc. How do I get it into the
Word
document so it stays the same as it is in Excel? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gjcase

Paste it in as a picture (use Paste Special) and then you can easily
resize it to fit your needs. Also, it does not complicate your document
by inserting the entire spreadsheet, and you typically end up with a
smaller document.

Caveat, however: The picture is just that & won't update if the
spreadsheet does. If that's good enough, this is usually the way to
go.

--GJC

--
gjcase
gjcase's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26061

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chicago

You folks are absolutely amazing!!! Report ready to head out via Fedex!!
Thanks for the terrific and fast rescue!

"Chicago" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that at 61% fits on a single page portrait. When
I copy and paste it into a Word document it appears at 100% which makes it
much too big. Also tried 'Insert File' but again it comes out full size.
I've tried resizing, changing font size, etc. How do I get it into the Word
document so it stays the same as it is in Excel? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chicago

Also discovered under edit copy that I get the choice to save as is or as
prints, the latter of which was perfect for what I needed. Again, thank you
so much!