Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bassec

Default Percent Complete?

I am inputting large numbers of data in vertical columns. At the bottom
of the column, I would like to put a function in that shows the percent
complete of that column.

Basically, if one of the fields have data in it, it counts towards the
overall percentage complete.

So if 250 of 500 data fields have data, the percent on the bottom
should read 50%.

So, how do I do something like that?

--
bassec
bassec's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32888

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Something like this in say, A21:
=COUNTBLANK(A1:A20)/ROWS(A1:A20)
with A21 formatted as percentage
should suffice
--
Max
Singapore

I am inputting large numbers of data in vertical columns. At the bottom
of the column, I would like to put a function in that shows the percent
complete of that column.

Basically, if one of the fields have data in it, it counts towards the
overall percentage complete.

So if 250 of 500 data fields have data, the percent on the bottom
should read 50%.

So, how do I do something like that?

--
bassec
bassec's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526927

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bassec

the problem is I'm trying to exclude certain rows (such as A3, A9 and
A13) since they are used as organizers, rather than actual data fields.
any idea on how to do that?

Also, I need the reverse of COUNTBLANK, since that is counting the
overal percent left to complete, rather than the percent completed.

--
bassec
bassec's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32888
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526927

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

"bassec" wrote:
Also, I need the reverse of COUNTBLANK, since that is counting the
overal percent left to complete, rather than the percent completed.

My apologies, there's a correction to the earlier formula
it should be in A21 (as you wanted %complete):
=COUNTA(A1:A20)/ROWS(A1:A20)

the problem is I'm trying to exclude certain rows (such as A3, A9 and
A13) since they are used as organizers, rather than actual data fields.
any idea on how to do that?

One way .. try instead in A21:
=COUNTA(A1:A2,A4:A8,A10:A12,A14:A20)/(ROWS(A1:A20)-3)