Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bec

Default Automatic Colour Coding on a Row

I want to be able to keep track of a number of incoming documents in excel
and ensure they are actioned within a given timeframe. I want to set up a
simple spreedsheet with columns named: action, date in, date due out.

I want to use colours to identify the urgent requests - ie red for a
document that is within 3 days of its due date, orange for something that is
5 days within due date and green for actions that have greater than 10 days
until its due date.

I assume i need an action for this, but am not entirely sure how..?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

bec wrote:
I want to be able to keep track of a number of incoming documents in
excel and ensure they are actioned within a given timeframe. I want
to set up a simple spreedsheet with columns named: action, date in,
date due out.

I want to use colours to identify the urgent requests - ie red for a
document that is within 3 days of its due date, orange for something
that is 5 days within due date and green for actions that have
greater than 10 days until its due date.

I assume i need an action for this, but am not entirely sure how..?

Look at Formatting-Conditional Formatting...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

use conditional formatting. Select the cell you want to apply the
conditional formating to. Select Format-Conditional Formating. Select
Formula Is and insert these formulas

=(TODAY()+3)$C1
=(TODAY()+5)$C1

This might change depending on what you want to do when the date passes the
due date, and when you are between 5 and 10. You specify between 0 and 3, 3
and 5, 10 and greater, but not between 5 and 10.