Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John James

Default Extracting from Pivottables

Is it possible/practical to extract data from pivottables (apart from
pivotcharts) and if so how?

Pivottables are excellent in analysing, summarising and drilling down
on data, but the subsequent presentation and use of that data appears
very restricted and manual based on my current knowledge.

Are there any relevant tricks or tips & if so where?

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Here is one method

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"John James" wrote
in message ...

Is it possible/practical to extract data from pivottables (apart from
pivotcharts) and if so how?

Pivottables are excellent in analysing, summarising and drilling down
on data, but the subsequent presentation and use of that data appears
very restricted and manual based on my current knowledge.

Are there any relevant tricks or tips & if so where?

--
John James
John James's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=525113

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Too trigger happy

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Here is one method

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"John James"
wrote in message

Is it possible/practical to extract data from pivottables (apart from
pivotcharts) and if so how?

Pivottables are excellent in analysing, summarising and drilling down
on data, but the subsequent presentation and use of that data appears
very restricted and manual based on my current knowledge.

Are there any relevant tricks or tips & if so where?

--
John James
John James's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John James

Thanks, Peo.

I hadn't considered using the drill-down facility for this type of
purpose. If the drill-down is more summarised than the original data
upon which the Pivottable was based, then this has interesting
potential for summarising data through a quick, simple, low-error
process.

Do you know whether the table produced is a summarised version of the
original data or if it retains all of the original detail? I'm hoping
it is summarised.

In any case, I suspect there might be some potential here because my
recollection is that the drill-down works on any figure in any
pivottable.

Cheers,

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=525113

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You can use the GetPivotData function to extract data from a pivot
table. There's information in Excel's Help, and he

John James wrote:
Is it possible/practical to extract data from pivottables (apart from
pivotcharts) and if so how?

Pivottables are excellent in analysing, summarising and drilling down
on data, but the subsequent presentation and use of that data appears
very restricted and manual based on my current knowledge.

Are there any relevant tricks or tips & if so where?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html