Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John James

Default Extracting from Pivottables

Thanks, Peo.

I hadn't considered using the drill-down facility for this type of
purpose. If the drill-down is more summarised than the original data
upon which the Pivottable was based, then this has interesting
potential for summarising data through a quick, simple, low-error
process.

Do you know whether the table produced is a summarised version of the
original data or if it retains all of the original detail? I'm hoping
it is summarised.

In any case, I suspect there might be some potential here because my
recollection is that the drill-down works on any figure in any
pivottable.

Cheers,

--
John James