Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR573PUTT

Default Financial formulas

I have the following spreadsheet:

year beg bal yr contr int rate int inc ending balance
2006 25000 10000 15% ??

What formula do I use to calculate the interest income?

--
JR573PUTT
JR573PUTT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31587

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie

You can use: =SUM(B2:C2)*D2, although this does not take into
considerationmotnly interest earnings, but only one annual earning

"JR573PUTT" wrote:

I have the following spreadsheet:

year beg bal yr contr int rate int inc ending balance
2006 25000 10000 15% ??

What formula do I use to calculate the interest income?

--
JR573PUTT
JR573PUTT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31587
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=524890

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

It depends on when you make your yearly contribution. If you make it at the
beginning of the year, the formula is:

=(begbal+yrcont)*intrate

If it's at the end of the year, the formula is:

=begbal*intrate

Fred

"JR573PUTT" wrote in
message ...