Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TUNGANA KURMA RAJU

Default VLOOKUP Formula

try this
:assume your employee no and amount in sheet1,In sheet 2 employee no.is in
a1, where you want formula result
sumif(sheet1!a2:b7,a1,sheet1!b2:b7)

"vishu" wrote:

I have problem with vlookup formula. Vlook formula is picking up only one
amount. I will explain my problem with one example

I have one column with employee number (is repeating) and in another column
i have their salary breakups.

Employee no. amount

101 200
102 300
103 300
104 200
105 100
101 100
101 50

I have employee numbers in one sheet, if i put vlookup formula for employee
numbers i should get amount.
The problem is in Employee number 101. This is repeating thrice. In this
case its picking first amount. But i need sum of all amount it shoud give me
the amount 350 instead of 200

Please help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vishu

I got your formula.
Can you please tell me what is thr use of Vlookup formula, If we can use
sumif everywhere. But i want to try to do it in Vlookup comand.
Is it possible.???