Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tillytee1

Default Preventing duplicate data

Hello

Can anyone please help me?! I have found a formula that is meant to
prevent duplicate data entry, but it doesn't seem to work properly!

I have a large spreadsheet with values in column A. I don't want
duplicate values entered anywhere in column A.

Eg - If I have entered 1234-10 in cell A7 and then try to enter the
same value in cell A67, I want to be told that it is a duplicate.

I thought I found a solution which was using Data, Validation, Custom
and the formula -
=COUNTIF($A$6:$A$3000,A6)=1

BTW - My spreadsheet goes up to row 3000!!

However, this is now telling me that EVERY value I enter is a duplicate
even if it isn't already there.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Thanks

tillytee1
tillytee1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27688
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=524300

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Works by me!

HTH
--
AP

"tillytee1" a écrit
dans le message de

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tillytee1

It's still not working for me...does anyone know what I'm doing
wrong?!!?