Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mcockrel

Default what is an argument?

Can somebody please tell me what an argument is in excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

It's in help

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"mcockrel" wrote in message
Can somebody please tell me what an argument is in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

(Now that's an argument!)

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

It's in help

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

http://www.mindspring.com/~mfpatton/sketch.htm

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

(Now that's an argument!)

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

It's in help

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"mcockrel" wrote in message
Can somebody please tell me what an argument is in excel

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

PBS just showed the best of MP (for each python). That sketch was in a couple.

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

http://www.mindspring.com/~mfpatton/sketch.htm

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

(Now that's an argument!)

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

It's in help

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"mcockrel" wrote in message
Can somebody please tell me what an argument is in excel

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Eppley

I was once a "new user" (20 years ago). I finally learned to hit "F1", and
type in my question. It works beautifully, and is also a great learning
tool. For example, "argument" using the HELP feature gives the
following........

The values that a function uses to perform operations or calculations. The
type of argument a function uses is specific to the function. Common
arguments that are used within functions include numeric values, text
values, cell references, ranges of cells, names, labels, and nested
functions.

Something like the answer your kids give you when you ask them to clean
their room.

HTH John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patricia Shannon

Default it depends on where you are

I did not find a definition of "argument" in Help when I was in a
spreadsheet, but I did in the visual basic screen. I have Excel 2003

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

(Now that's an argument!)

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

It's in help

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"mcockrel" wrote in message
Can somebody please tell me what an argument is in excel

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

An argument is a value passed to another procedure. For example
in the VBA code

Sub AAA()
BBB X, Y
End Sub

Sub BBB(X as Integer, Y as Integer)
' do something
End Sub

Here, X and Y are arguments to function BBB.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson