carlosgdlf

Default read in Vlookup an argument that has quotations(")

Hi to every body!

Im loking in a vertical look for a buff "N" the problem is that you can
not write a quotation marks(") in an argument simply like that, con in
the example below what the program is interpreting the quotation after
buff as the end of the string and is specting next a coma instead of an
N.

So the cuestion is I have to look in a column for a word that contents
quoutations what do i have to write to look for this argument BUFF "N"

=VLOOKUP(" buff "N" ",'[Production Report.xls]1'!$A$1:$J$85,8,FALSE)

Thanlks in advance!!

--
carlosgdlf
carlosgdlf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25821

Eric Conditt

Put the term BUFF N into a blank cell with the quotes then reference the
lookup to that cell

Put the term you wish to search for in cell A1 (buff "N")

then put this formula in cell I2
=VLOOKUP($I$1,$A$1:$H$8,8,FALSE)

then put the same text (buff "N") into cell I1

The vlookup will not care if it has quotes or not it will only look for the
same text that is in that cell (I1). Just remember to lock the cell you put
the data in.

Hit reply if this text look all weird it will come out ok in the reply box.