Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stats

Default comparison string VBA excell

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range

Set myRng = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1:A1000")

For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
With myCell
.Offset(0, 2).Validation.Delete
If IsNumeric(.Value) _
And .Text Like "#.#" Then
With .Offset(0, 2)
.Value = ""
With .Validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateList, _
AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, _
Operator:=xlBetween, Formula1:="Yes,No"
.IgnoreBlank = True
.InCellDropdown = True
.InputTitle = ""
.ErrorTitle = ""
.InputMessage = ""
.ErrorMessage = ""
.ShowInput = True
.ShowError = True
End With
End With
End If
End With
Next myCell
End Sub

the above code checks if the format of the Column A is of the format
integer.integer (2.2)
how do i check the format integer.integer.integer.integer (2.2.2.2)
i tried #.#.#.# it did not work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Just #.#.#.#?

With myCell
.Offset(0, 2).Validation.Delete
If .Text Like "#.#.#.#" Then

Drop the isnumeric(.value) stuff.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stats

Great!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stats

Hey Dave,
Can I associate color with the formula "yes" and "no"
Example if the user selects yes, cell color should be yellow, if he
selects "no", it should be red

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stats

I am not sure if this can be achieved or not by Excel...