Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr_Philip

Default Find and Replace/Look up

Hi!

Ok, so I have a list of cost centres e.g 2000,2411,2582
these have been replaced with new cost centre numbers e.g.
8500,8548,8449

so that now:

2000 = 8500
2411 = 8548
2582 = 8449.

I will have spreadsheets submitted where the old cost centres will be
referenced.

What I want to do is; search the spreadsheet for the old cost centres,
and replace the value with the corresponding new cost centres.
something faster than a simple find and replace because there are
hundreds of cost centres.

--
Mr_Philip
Mr_Philip's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31415

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Portuga

Mr_Philip Wrote:
Hi!

Ok, so I have a list of cost centres e.g 2000,2411,2582
these have been replaced with new cost centre numbers e.g.
8500,8548,8449

so that now:

2000 = 8500
2411 = 8548
2582 = 8449.

I will have spreadsheets submitted where the old cost centres will be
referenced.

What I want to do is; search the spreadsheet for the old cost centres,
and replace the value with the corresponding new cost centres.
something faster than a simple find and replace because there are
hundreds of cost centres.

The simple find and replace option also gives you the option to
"replace all"

go to "Edit" select "Replace" select the values you want and then click
"Replace all".

fast

--
Portuga