-   -   Find and Replace/Look up (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/77738-find-replace-look-up.html)

Mr_Philip

Find and Replace/Look up

Hi!

Ok, so I have a list of cost centres e.g 2000,2411,2582
these have been replaced with new cost centre numbers e.g.
8500,8548,8449

so that now:

2000 = 8500
2411 = 8548
2582 = 8449.

I will have spreadsheets submitted where the old cost centres will be
referenced.

What I want to do is; search the spreadsheet for the old cost centres,
and replace the value with the corresponding new cost centres.
something faster than a simple find and replace because there are
hundreds of cost centres.

:confused:

--
Mr_Philip
Mr_Philip's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31415

Portuga

Find and Replace/Look up

Mr_Philip Wrote:
Hi!

Ok, so I have a list of cost centres e.g 2000,2411,2582
these have been replaced with new cost centre numbers e.g.
8500,8548,8449

so that now:

2000 = 8500
2411 = 8548
2582 = 8449.

I will have spreadsheets submitted where the old cost centres will be
referenced.

What I want to do is; search the spreadsheet for the old cost centres,
and replace the value with the corresponding new cost centres.
something faster than a simple find and replace because there are
hundreds of cost centres.

:confused:

The simple find and replace option also gives you the option to
"replace all"

go to "Edit" select "Replace" select the values you want and then click
"Replace all".

fast

--
Portuga