Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mangesh

Default hilighting entire row

I want to highlight entire row automatically with yellow color if i type
"completed" in a cell of that particular row.

Could any one help me.

--
mangesh

mangesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6746
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522864

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

In your current sheet module paste in:

If Target.Value = "Completed" Or Target.Value = "completed" Then
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

Only one row at-a-time will be highlighted; Is that what
you want?

"mangesh" wrote in
message ...

I want to highlight entire row automatically with yellow color if i type
"completed" in a cell of that particular row.

Could any one help me.

--
mangesh

mangesh's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522864

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

Select all cells by clicking the square in the upper left hand corner of the
sheet.

Click Format-Conditional Formatting

Select "Formula is" and enter this formula (with both equals)

=$D1="completed"

click format and go to the "Patterns" tab. Select the color you want.
Select "OK" twice.

Now whenever a cell in column D equals "completed" the whole row will be
highlighted. Change D to the column you want.