Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian

Default calander help

Hello,
I have a 2006 calander on 1 worksheet and I am looking for help with the
following:

My work schedule is four on and four off. I work four days in a row and then
I am off for four days in a row. I want to be able to somehow highlight each
day that I am scheduled to work, but without having to do it manually for
each day for the whole year.
Is is possible to start from my first work day of 2006 Let's say it was
January 3rd 2006 and automatically have the 3rd 4th 5th and 6th highlighted
along with every other four days on?

Thank you,

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gjcase

I assume your calendar uses the Excel date values formatted as text.
These are serial values. You can set Conditional formatting on each
cell in your calendar using "Formula Is" and =MOD(B16,8)<4 (where B16
is the current cell; make sure it does not have $ in the cell
reference), then copy the format to the entire calendar.

If the dates don't line up with your work schedule, adjust it by adding
a fudge factor to the formula; i.e., =MOD((B16+1),8)<4 to move the
formatting by one day.

---Glenn

--
gjcase