Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John1950

Default Help with Highlighting Data

I have a spreadsheet with about 36,000 rows. They are parts we have in
stock at our 4 plants. Not all plants have the same parts. I have
sorted the sheet by part numbers; Problem. I want to identify the parts
that are used at the same plants.
Example

Plant Part Numbers
A abc123
B abc123
C abc234
D abc456
A abc567
B abc678
C abc678
D abc789
A abc890
B abc890
C abc890
D abc890

--
John1950
John1950's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18671

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveG

You can use Conditional Formatting to find duplicates which is what it
seems like you want to do. In B2 go to the Format menu, select
Conditional Formatting. Change the Cell Value is option to Formula is
and type in,

=COUNTIF($B$2:$B$36000,B2)1

Click on Format, Font, change the font color to whatever you want.
Click OK and OK.

You can then use the format painter to apply this to the rest of your
list.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gjcase

Suggest your best bet is a pivot table. I'd put Plant in the first
column, Part No along the top, and Count of parts on the interior data
portion of the table. (If Excel suggests Sum of Part Numbers when you
drag the Part No button to the data area, double click it & you can
change it.)

This woo produce a table of Part Numbers with a tally of number of each
produced at each Plant as follows:

Count of Plant Plant
Part A B C D Grand Total
abc123 1 1 2