Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smiths4

Default additional plus sign

Can anyone help me figure this out? Sometimes when you have a formula in a
cell.
And you click back on the formula in the formula bar, it shows ie. =+F5-C3.
What does that plus sign represent between the = and the first cell reference?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Formulas in Lotus 123 were sometimes started with +'s. It's a holdover from a
former Lotus user. Doesn't help and just clutters the formula in excel.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student