Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harpscardiff

Default reducing Calulating time

Hi,

I'm looking for way to reduce my calculation time. Any good tips?

I have a few accounting spreadsheets, for my business. The only
problem is they take a long time to calulate. Can take up to 15, 20
mins.

If I converted all my formulas to UDF will this reduce the calulation
time?

I have alot of VLOOKUPs, any other way to do this?

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25960

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

In case you're VLOOKUPing the same table, returning various columns several
times, you can improve performance using a staging column where you store
=EQUIV(YourCell,YourTable,0). Then You can use that column with an INDEX
formula.

HTH
--
AP