Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ddawg09

Default How to generate a bunch of random numbers???

I know how to get one random number by just using "RAND(x,y)" but how do
I get 100 random numbers?

--
ddawg09
ddawg09's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31205

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/deta...ingnumbers.htm

A little insight on random()

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne..._and_sort.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"ddawg09" wrote in message

I know how to get one random number by just using "RAND(x,y)" but how do
I get 100 random numbers?

--
ddawg09
ddawg09's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31205
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521543

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ddawg09

What if you only want random numbers within a given range. I need 100
numbers between 5.5 and 10.5 but I did the Randombetween function and
dragged it down but all it did was pretty much copy.

--
ddawg09
ddawg09's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31205
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521543

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

That is covered very well in the Excel help look up RAND

and I can't improve on that part. I could point you to a macro I use.
---
HTH,

"ddawg09" wrote in message

What if you only want random numbers within a given range. I need 100
numbers between 5.5 and 10.5 but I did the Randombetween function and
dragged it down but all it did was pretty much copy.

--
ddawg09
ddawg09's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31205
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521543

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

ddawg09 Wrote:
What if you only want random numbers within a given range. I need 100
numbers between 5.5 and 10.5 but I did the Randombetween function and
dragged it down but all it did was pretty much copy.

Don't know if you've got the right formula (RANDBETWEEN will only give
you integers) but if you dragged formula down and the result in each
cell is the same then calculation may be set to manual. Hit F9 to
re-calculate or set calculation to Automatic using Tools menu and
Options....

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

If you're using the RANDBETWEEN function it only returns integers (whole
numbers).

You could try this:

=RANDBETWEEN(55,105)/10

Biff