Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

Default How to generate a bunch of random numbers???

ddawg09 Wrote:
What if you only want random numbers within a given range. I need 100
numbers between 5.5 and 10.5 but I did the Randombetween function and
dragged it down but all it did was pretty much copy.

Don't know if you've got the right formula (RANDBETWEEN will only give
you integers) but if you dragged formula down and the result in each
cell is the same then calculation may be set to manual. Hit F9 to
re-calculate or set calculation to Automatic using Tools menu and
Options....

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486