Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
albertmb

Default Protecting Sheets

Hi Everyone,

I have a 250 sheet project. To protect formulas I have to protect the
sheet, is there a possibility of protecting all sheets in one go, rather than
protecting sheets one at a time?

Thank for anyone who can help me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you can use a macro:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim myPwd As String
Dim wks As Worksheet

myPwd = "hithere"
For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
wks.Protect Password:=myPwd
Next wks
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
albertmb

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your help, but I do not have a clue of how to use Macros.
Even though I do a lot of work with Excel what I have learned is by trial and
error, I never studied excel, I might get there if maybe you can explain to
me how to use this macro.

Thank you once again for your time

Regards

Albert

albertmb wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a 250 sheet project. To protect formulas I have to protect the
sheet, is there a possibility of protecting all sheets in one go, rather than
protecting sheets one at a time?

Thank for anyone who can help me

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
albertmb

Dear Dave,

Thanks once again, I will do my best to study, even though not easy at my age

Regards

albertmb wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a 250 sheet project. To protect formulas I have to protect the
sheet, is there a possibility of protecting all sheets in one go, rather than
protecting sheets one at a time?

Thank for anyone who can help me

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
albertmb

Dear Dave,

I have another problem, wonder if you could help me. As you know I have 250
sheets in my project. I need to creat a report sheet getting information
from the same cell in all sheets, EX: Sheet1, cell A1 = Sheet2, cell $A$1
Sheet1, cell A2 = Sheet3, cell $A$1
With the 'Fill Down' command I get the exact same formula in all cells, if I
remove the dollar sign I get the cells to increase by one, is there a system
to get the sheets to increase by one? As it is I have to change the sheet
number manually.

Thanks again

Albert

albertmb wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a 250 sheet project. To protect formulas I have to protect the
sheet, is there a possibility of protecting all sheets in one go, rather than
protecting sheets one at a time?

Thank for anyone who can help me

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Try in A1
=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()+1&"$A$1")
then copy down

HTH
--
AP

albertmb wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a 250 sheet project. To protect formulas I have to protect

the
sheet, is there a possibility of protecting all sheets in one go,

rather than
protecting sheets one at a time?

Thank for anyone who can help me

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
albertmb

Dear Ardus,
Thank you ever so much, it worked briliantley, just needed a little
modification
=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()+1&"!$A$1") as you can see an exclamation mark
before the cell number and apart from that you do not need the dollar sign it
will not cahnge in fill down.

Thanks once again

Regards
Albert