Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ZarrinPour

Default populating DropDown with Values Of a Column in another Sheet.

Hi
I have two Sheets ,in first one i have two columns (Code & Name) and in
second one i have created an invoice Note that the first sheet may be
updated.now in second sheet i want to populate a cell (Data Validation)
with all values of the "Code" column in the fist sheet .how can i do
that.?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

--
ZarrinPour
ZarrinPour's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32375

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Create a name (InsertNameDefine...) for the Code column of say a name of
CodeRange and a Refersto value of

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,,,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A;$A),1)

and in the DV use a type of List and set to =CodeRange

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ZarrinPour" wrote
in message ...

Hi
I have two Sheets ,in first one i have two columns (Code & Name) and in
second one i have created an invoice Note that the first sheet may be
updated.now in second sheet i want to populate a cell (Data Validation)
with all values of the "Code" column in the fist sheet .how can i do
that.?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

--
ZarrinPour
ZarrinPour's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521370

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JudithJubilee

Hello ZarrinPour,

Highlight all the code cells on your first sheet and press Ctrl + F3. Name
the range, eg. CodeList (you are not allowed spaces)

Go to the second sheet and highlight all the cells to which you want to add
the drop down. Choose Data + Validation + Settings tab. Vhoose List from the
dropdown and type =CodeList at the bottom.

Judith
--
Hope this helps

"ZarrinPour" wrote:

Hi
I have two Sheets ,in first one i have two columns (Code & Name) and in
second one i have created an invoice Note that the first sheet may be
updated.now in second sheet i want to populate a cell (Data Validation)
with all values of the "Code" column in the fist sheet .how can i do
that.?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

--
ZarrinPour
ZarrinPour's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32375
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521370

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Who's Bill?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JudithJubilee" wrote in message
Bill's is better!!
--
Hope this helps

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Bill Phobips?

Bob Phillips wrote:
Who's Bill?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Oh, him! I think I know him.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message
Bill Phobips?

Bob Phillips wrote:
Who's Bill?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JudithJubilee

Araghhh!!!!
A fantastic example of trying to show respect but it bitting you on the *!!

Sorry Bill!

I see you all the time but the only time I don't scan my post before
sending....

:')

Judith
--