Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
btaft

Default Automatic enter that returns you to column A in Excel

How do I reset the default so that when I tap the enter key, it returns to
column A?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I don't think there is any built-in function to do this. A workaround is to
highlight the area you are working in and using the Tab key. This will cycle
through the selected cells.
It may help - but it may not! An alternative is to use a macro to do it for
you.

Andy.

"btaft" wrote in message
How do I reset the default so that when I tap the enter key, it returns to
column A?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Not possible to just "reset" the default but there is one way of returning to
column A.

Say you start with A1 selected. Type something in A1 and hit the Tab key to go
to B1.

Type and Tab your way across to H1. When leaving H1 hit the <ENTER key and you
will go back to A2

Rule is.........you will go back to the original column in which you started.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP