Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mica

Default Search Button

Help please, I have a excel worksheet with 5000 names on it, I would like to
create a search button on the sheet. I don't want to use the Edit-Find
Option. Basically I would like to type a name in a box and click a search
button next to the name and then it moves down the speadsheet and highlight
the name, help please Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

What you ask will take a macro to perform. If you wish a macro solution,
then post back telling us which column your Name list is in, and someone will
help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mica" wrote:

Help please, I have a excel worksheet with 5000 names on it, I would like to
create a search button on the sheet. I don't want to use the Edit-Find
Option. Basically I would like to type a name in a box and click a search
button next to the name and then it moves down the speadsheet and highlight
the name, help please Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mica

Hi there, thanks for the reply.
The names exist in too many different rows and colums. Actually I change
this speedsheet into webpage so I don't believe a macro would work, do you
have any other solution that I can plug into my XHTML page, regards