Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Xhawk57

Default capital letters to lowercase

I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is in all capital
letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the first letter of
each word and make the rest of the letters in the word lowercase.

example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rogerio Takejame

If your string is in A1, use:

=Proper(Lower(A1))

--
Please, rate this answer
--

"Xhawk57" wrote:

I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is in all capital
letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the first letter of
each word and make the rest of the letters in the word lowercase.

example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

=Proper(Lower(A1))

What is the point of using the LOWER command here? Why not just
=PROPER(A1) ?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Rogerio Takejame"
wrote in message
If your string is in A1, use:

=Proper(Lower(A1))

--
Please, rate this answer
--

"Xhawk57" wrote:

I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is
in all capital
letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the
first letter of
each word and make the rest of the letters in the word
lowercase.

example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rogerio Takejame

Indeed! It was my fault. The Proper function do all the work.

--
Rogerio Takejame
Americana - Sao Paulo - Brazil

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

=Proper(Lower(A1))

What is the point of using the LOWER command here? Why not just
=PROPER(A1) ?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson