-   -   capital letters to lowercase (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/75907-capital-letters-lowercase.html)

Xhawk57

capital letters to lowercase

I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is in all capital
letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the first letter of
each word and make the rest of the letters in the word lowercase.

example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

any help would be greatly apprecitated.

ewan7279

capital letters to lowercase

=PROPER(A1) if you data were in A1.

"Xhawk57" wrote:

I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is in all capital
letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the first letter of
each word and make the rest of the letters in the word lowercase.

example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Rogerio Takejame

capital letters to lowercase

If your string is in A1, use:

=Proper(Lower(A1))

--
Please, rate this answer
--

"Xhawk57" wrote:

I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is in all capital
letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the first letter of
each word and make the rest of the letters in the word lowercase.

example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Xhawk57

capital letters to lowercase

Great, that did it thank you

"Xhawk57" wrote:

I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is in all capital
letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the first letter of
each word and make the rest of the letters in the word lowercase.

example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Chip Pearson

capital letters to lowercase

=Proper(Lower(A1))

What is the point of using the LOWER command here? Why not just
=PROPER(A1) ?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Rogerio Takejame"
wrote in message
If your string is in A1, use:

=Proper(Lower(A1))

--
Please, rate this answer
--

"Xhawk57" wrote:

I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is
in all capital
letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the
first letter of
each word and make the rest of the letters in the word
lowercase.

example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Rogerio Takejame

capital letters to lowercase

Indeed! It was my fault. The Proper function do all the work.

--
Rogerio Takejame
Americana - Sao Paulo - Brazil

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

=Proper(Lower(A1))

What is the point of using the LOWER command here? Why not just
=PROPER(A1) ?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson