Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SusieQInOregon

Default Can I Turn off Absolute $

Hi
When I am linking two excel sheets, and I click on the 2nd, the formula
always comes back with =+'[Workbook2]Tab2'!$K$12
with an absolute $ around the cell I've linked to.

Is there a way so this does not automatically link as an absolute? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

hit F4 when you have the cell range highlited, hit the key a couple
times until the $ signs are gone

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SusieQInOregon

Hi Dave,

Thanks. I appreciate the response, but that's already what I do. I was
hoping for a way to turn off the $$ as the default so I don't have to click
in and hit the F4 over and over. (Trying to save keystrokes due to tendinitis
in my arms).

Anyone else have any ideas?