Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jerredjohnson

Default Refreshing multiple pivot tables

I have a workbook with multiple pivot table tabs linked to a db.
I am making this project for each customer, so when i have a new
customer i copy the workbook and go back to pivottable wizard step
2(get data) to change the customer. this refreshes the first sheet with
the new customer info but not the rest of the tabs. is there a way to
refresh all sheets instead of re-creating each tab off of the first
one?

--
jerredjohnson
jerredjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32236

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

After you change the first pivot table, you can set all the remaining
pivot tables to the first pivot table's pivot cache.

There's sample code here for identifying and changing the pivot cache:

jerredjohnson wrote:
I have a workbook with multiple pivot table tabs linked to a db.
I am making this project for each customer, so when i have a new
customer i copy the workbook and go back to pivottable wizard step
2(get data) to change the customer. this refreshes the first sheet with
the new customer info but not the rest of the tabs. is there a way to
refresh all sheets instead of re-creating each tab off of the first
one?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Latasha at PBG

I used the Data Tab and tried it with the Pivot Table. Please explain which
tab you used to change the Pivot Cache. Each option did not yield the desired
result. I have 1 Data Tab, and 16 feeding pivot table tabs.

Thanks.
--
Latasha Delaney
Pepsi Bottling Group