Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB2010

Default One Selection From Drop Down List Limits Remaining Selections

Hi

Have sheet that has a column of 10 empty cells (B2:B11), which each need a
name put against the list of tasks (A2:A11). I want to make the names appear
from a drop down box, but once i have selected one name for a task, i need to
ensure that that particular name is not available for selection in the drop
down boxes of the remaining cells.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I want to avoid having to conditional
format a load of hidden countifs to spot & highlight duplicates.

Many thanks in advance, please let me know if there is anymore info you
require.

cheers

jb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Brown

Try this example in the attached zipped file

|Filename: example.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4425 |

Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17084