Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default One Selection From Drop Down List Limits Remaining Selections

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JB2010" wrote in message
Hi

Have sheet that has a column of 10 empty cells (B2:B11), which each need a
name put against the list of tasks (A2:A11). I want to make the names

appear
from a drop down box, but once i have selected one name for a task, i need

ensure that that particular name is not available for selection in the

drop
down boxes of the remaining cells.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I want to avoid having to

conditional
format a load of hidden countifs to spot & highlight duplicates.

Many thanks in advance, please let me know if there is anymore info you
require.

cheers

jb