Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Raptor_yf22

Default Data Consolidation Help Needed.

Imagine for a moment that I have this agenda for a meeting. On the agenda,
there is a list of topics for discussion. Next to each topic, is a person's
name who is responsible for that discussion. Now imagine several agendas
that are similar in format, but from different dates. What I am trying to
gather is the data from all the agenda worksheets and summarize them into one
worksheet to show management who spoke what topic, and how many times did
they speak it. Management could go into each and every agenda and look the
information up, but they would prefer to just look at one spreadsheet summary
of all the data, and any new data that is added for future agendas. I don't
know where or how to begin consilidating this. Please help ASAP.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Hi Raptor. You can build a table in Excel and copy your Agendas into it. I
would set it up as follows:

A B C D
1 Date First Name Last Name Agenda Item
2
3
4
If you are copying your data into Excel from Word, after you copy you may
need to copy again and do Edit - Paste Special - Transpose to get the
information into columns. Once setup you could then sort by Last Name,
Agenda Item and Date. Once grouped as above you could use the Data -
Subtotal - Count to determine how often person spoke about what agenda item.
HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin