Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BaldySlaphead

Default Calculate Time To Respond from Dates

I am creating a spreadsheet that records:

Date Correspondence Received
Date Correspondence Answered

I want to add a new column that totals the days taken to do this.
Fairly simple on the face of it! However, I don't want to include
weekends in this total. Ideally, I'd like to be able to exclude public
holidays too - perhaps by having a list where I enter such dates and
they are then excluded from the calculation, but this may be a step too
far for my meagre skills...

Any ideas?

Regards,

Baldy

--
BaldySlaphead
BaldySlaphead's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1260

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Brown

Try Networkdays

NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,holidays)

Important Dates should be entered by using the DATE function, or as
results of other formulas or functions. For example, use
DATE(2008,5,23) for the 23rd day of May, 2008. Problems can occur if
dates are entered as text.

Start_date is a date that represents the start date.

End_date is a date that represents the end date.

Holidays is an optional range of one or more dates to exclude from
the working calendar, such as state and federal holidays and floating
holidays. The list can be either a range of cells that contains the
dates or an array constant of the serial numbers that represent the
dates.

Remarks

Microsoft Excel stores dates as sequential serial numbers so they can
be used in calculations. By default, January 1, 1900 is serial number
1, and January 1, 2008 is serial number 39448 because it is 39,448 days
after January 1, 1900. Microsoft Excel for the Macintosh uses a
different date system as its default.
If any argument is not a valid date, NETWORKDAYS returns the #VALUE!
error value.

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17084